martes, 8 de julio de 2014

Kikis' Delivery Service


Kiki: Without even thinking about it I used to be able to fly. Now I'm trying to look inside myself to find out how I did it. But I just cant figure it out.

Ursula: You know, could be you're working at it too hard. Maybe you should just take a break. Stop trying. Take long walks, look at the scenary, doze off at noon. Don't even think about flying. And then, pretty soon you'll be flying again.
...
When I was your age I'd already decided to become an artist. I loved to paint so much, I'd paint all day until I fell asleep. And then one day, for some reason, I just couldn't paint anymore. I tried and tried but nothing I did seemed any good. They were copies of paintings I'd seen somewhere before, and not very good copies either, I just felt like I lost my hability. But then I found the answer. You see, I hadn't figured out what or why I wanted to paint, I had to discover my own style.
When you fly you rely on what's inside of you, don't you?

Kiki: That's right, we fly with our spirit.

Ursula: Trusting your spirit, yes, yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about. That same spirit is what makes me paint, it makes your friend bake, but we each need to find our own inspiration, Kiki. Sometimes it's not easy.

Kiki: I guess I never gave much thought to why I wanted to do this... So you really think
Ill fly again?

Ursula: Sure you will, you just need to wait for the right inspiration to come along.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario